Kohryu is a fictional character from the Bloody Roar series. His beast form is the Iron Mole making him the only robotic Zoanthrope in the roster. He appears as a secret character, unlockable in all games since Bloody Roar 3.
|Full Name||Development No. β-0389|
|Beast Form||Iron Mole|
|Fighting Style||Ninjutsu (Kato school)|
|Age||26 Days off the Production Line|
|Occupation||Independent Arms Robot (A Trial Product)|
|Debut||Bloody Roar 3|
|English Voice Actors||Takeshi Aono (BR3, BR:PF/EX)|
Greg Irwin (BR4)
- "Just a Kid !."
- — Kohryu in Bloody Roar 4
Kohryu (紅竜/コウリュウ) is a fictional character from the Bloody Roar series. His beast form is the Iron Mole making him the only robotic Zoanthrope in the roster.
He appears as a secret character, unlockable in all games since Bloody Roar 3.
Bloody Roar 3
The predecessor was the assassin named Bakuryu. His real name was Ryuzo. He worked for the corporation Tylon, where he underwent many experiments to reinforce his body. But these repeated procedures eventually overcame his body and he decomposed. The liquefied tissue that was left was saved after his death. The 'YUN CHI Manufacturing, INC.', once a department of Tylon though is still active even after the fall of their main office. 'YUN CHI' manages to produce a battle robot called the 'Iron Mole', which they produce on a trial basis with the original Bakuryu's battle data and his liquefied remains that retains his physical strength. But they lose control of the robot during a trial run and start to attack any Zoanthrope in its path as if there are some underlining intentions.
Kohryu doesn't really have a personality. He is a cold, relentless machine that has an unknown vendetta against Zoanthropes, particularly that of the second Bakuryu (also known as Kenji).
Also see: Kohryu's Outfits
Kohryu is but a flawed copy of what was once known as Bakuryu. Though Kohryu is not the same being as what he was developed from, he still has the same memories and fighting abilities as his original host.
Based on what happened to Kohryu's original host, Kohryu appears to have vengeful and aggressive tenancies towards Kenji (as evidenced by their encounter in the fourth game). He want's nothing more than to make Kenji pay for betraying his former master and for getting him killed as a result.
Kohryu is related to Bakuryu and Kenji has he shares a lot of similar moves and abilities. Despite the resemblance, Kohryu can be more attractive than Bakuryu in terms of gameplay. He has more health than Bakuryu and his heavier weight (in Human and Beast form) can be an advantage depending on the strategy. Kohryu's Spiral Kick () which is a variation of Bakuryu's Smoke Spiral Kick is a little more useful as, if positioned correctly, Kohryu's move can cross up the opponent. Kohryu has also one of the better range for throw attacks in the series.
As a Hyperbeast, in Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, Kohryu gains Any Cancel A and Super Armor as his two Abilities Plus. Respectively, the ability to cancel any of his regular attacks and the ability to not suffer any hit stun when taking a hit.
- Festival of Darkness- Kohryu sways back & ducks low before sliding forward to attack with a slash. When the hit lands, the opponent will be trapped within a stasis field. Kohryu, after reverting to his human form, will slide behind his opponent before splitting into two afterimages of himself, which will assault the opponent on both sides with a simultaneous combination of strikes. Kohryu then concludes the assault with a final powerful slash, afterward reappearing in front of the foe. Upon completion, Kohryu can quickly follow up with any attack that strikes mid or low. Appears in Bloody Roar 3 onwards.
- Underground Missile Barrage - Kohryu dives back and drills underground, reappearing in front of the opponent and knocking them into the air. Kohryu then launches a barrage of missiles on the midair opponent and concludes by launching his armor drill. If the first move is blocked or if the opponent is jumping, as the Beast Drive only strikes opponents vulnerable to low attack, Kohryu will be vulnerable to any attack. Appears in Bloody Roar 3 onwards.
Bloody Roar 3
Bloody Roar Primal Fury/Extreme
Bloody Roar 4
- Strangely, whenever Kohryu takes damage, human blood is drawn, despite him being a robot.
- Even though he doesn't have an ending in any of the games he is present in, Kohryu does have a special opening before he fights Kenji.
- Kohryu remained as an unlockable character since his first appearance in Bloody Roar 3.
- Kohryu is the most recent character to use the "Bakuryu" Ninjutsu fighting style, the others being Ryuzo and Kenji.
|Bloody Roar Series|
|Main Series||Bloody Roar • Bloody Roar 2 • Bloody Roar 3 • Bloody Roar 4|
|Related Games||Bloody Roar: Extreme/Primal Fury • DreamMix TV World Fighters|
|Characters||Alice the Rabbit • Bakuryu (Ryuzo) the Mole • Bakuryu (Kenji) the Mole • Busuzima the Chameleon • Cronos the Penguin • Fang the Wolf • Gado the Lion • Ganesha the Elephant • Greg the Gorilla • Hans the Fox • Jenny the Bat • Kohryu the Iron Mole • Long the Tiger • Mana the Ninetail • Mitsuko the Boar • Nagi the Spurious • Reiji the Crow • Ryoho the Dragon • Shenlong the Tiger • Shina the Leopard • Stun the Insect • Uranus the Chimera • Uriko the Half-Beast • Xion the Unborn • Yugo the Wolf|
|Other Media||Bloody Roar: The Fang (manga)|